Well, it’s that time of year again – time to get garlic in the ground. The last time I used the tractor, it was running really rough, almost to the point of conking out. The first check was the inline fuel filter, so today I went to get a replacement, put it in and it ran better, but still not very well – at any rate, I hustled to take of the tiller and put on the potato digger to make trenches for the garlic.
Then it was time to enlist help of the children to plant. First, they are “de-cloving” the garlic.
Then, drop it in the ground. We usually put a couple of rows in one trench. Today we got about 500 feet of row in the ground. Wet weather was bearing down upon us, thus the urgency to get them in the ground. Now, I need to become more familiar with the fuel system of the tractor before snow flies!