Here’s a picture of a crime scene in some neighborhoods…
OK, maybe crime is too strong a word, it’s against the rules in many suburban and urban neighborhoods. There’s even a group promoting the long-standing practice of drying clothes on a line and have started the “right to dry” and “National Hanging Out Day” (April 19) campaigns. There’s even a powerpoint presentation entitled “Laundry, An inconvenient chore?” Here’s some of their reasons to dry clothes outside
- Save money
- Conserve energy and the environment.
- Clothes and sheets smell better
- Clothes last longer. Where do you think lint comes from?
- It is physical activitywhich you can do in or outside
- Clothes dryer fires account for about 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually. The yearly national fire loss for clothes dryer fires in structures is estimated at $99 million.
It’s worth a trip over to the site to poke around.
one year ago…